Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Request] Overview of Methods, Functions and conditions
06-15-2014, 07:00 AM
[Request] Overview of Methods, Functions and conditions
Hello Guys,

Yesterday I tried to build my own profile, which should be the fastest experience gaining profile ever. Therefore I want to complete the Quest:
"A royal audience, Act 2" in 3 smiple steps:

1. Speak to Tyrael about Leah's status
  2. Locate Asheara at Caldeum's gates and enter the palace
  3. Survive the ambush and escape with Leah into the sewers

You can complete this quest rather quickly and receive the experience reward and repeat.

I was looking at some xml-profiles and tried to build my own script, but it does not work. For expample:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Profile>
    <Name>Act 2: A royal audience</Name>
    <KillMonsters>True</KillMonsters>
    <PickupLoot>True</PickupLoot>
    <GameParams quest="57331" step="-1" act="A2" resumeFromSave="False" isPrivate="True" numGames="-1" changeQuest="true" />
<Order>
    <!-- Step 1: talk to Tyrael and go to portal -->
    <While condition="ZetaDia.CurrentWorldId == 161472">
        <MoveTo x="294,5629" y="256,0345" z="0,1"/>
        <TalkTo actorId="6353"/>
        <MoveTo x="297,0146" y="256,0522" z="0,1"/>
        <UseObject isPortal="true"/>
    </While>

<!-- Step 2: talk to Ashara -->
    <While questId="57331" stepId="1">
        <MoveTo x="3469,88" y="1711,736" z="250,7494"/>

</While>
</Order>
</Profile>

The code above starts the correct Quest, talks to Tyrael and goes into the portal to enter the area where Ashara is located. But after I used the portal, the character is not moving. I tried a lot of things, but it is not moving. Sometimes it uses the portal again and goes back to Tyraels Area (the city)

In order to build a fail-save script, I need to know which functions I can use. Like a try-catch block or do something while/if something else is true or given. I know that your engine supports those things, but I don't have any overview of those functions and conditions.

Could anyone help me with this ? I really want to build this Act 2 script (and after I succeeded, maybe others too)

Cheers
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-17-2014, 11:53 AM
RE: [Request] Overview of Methods, Functions and conditions
Hi there,

the profiles folder which comes with the botexpolit download is a mess! Lots of unsorted profiles, sporadically duplicates and no noticeable folder structure.

Some Profiles are really professional and stable: the bot is aware of its status (where am I, what to do next) but others are only working if you meet some pre-conditions. I guess it is due to a random collection of botexpoit programmers and community generated profiles.

Well I really appreciate that you collect the scripts and share them with us, but I think its time to clean the house. It would be nice to have a folder structure with speaking names/categories. A start would be if all profiles would be at least in a corresponding "Act" folder.

Besides that, I still miss an answer to my previous post. I would love to upgrade some profiles to grant them more stability. But I still do not know how. An overview of the quest steps and corresponding ID would be very nice too !

Example:

Act 1 (10 Quest)

Quest 1: The Fallen Star (id: xxxx)
Step 1: XY (id: xxxx)
Step 2: XY (id: xxxx)
Step 3: XY (id: xxxx)

Quest 2: The Legacy of Cain (id: xxxx)
Step 1: XY (id: xxxx)
Step 2: XY (id: xxxx)

I assume the quest and Step IDs are always the same and you could hardcode them wihtin your application.
We then could select via dropdown-box the quest and the step - result is the ID.

The easier we can build our own scripts/profiles, the more popular your bot will grow....
06-17-2014, 12:23 PM (This post was last modified: 06-17-2014 12:24 PM by ypad.)
RE: [Request] Overview of Methods, Functions and conditions
(06-17-2014 11:53 AM)remove_before_flight Wrote:  I know that your engine supports those things, but I don't have any overview of those functions and conditions.

The easier we can build our own scripts/profiles, the more popular your bot will grow....

I really want know how to write condition such as: "if number of rift keys> some number".

I want to change the rift + farming Act profiles such that the bot leave me some keys to play with every time *I want to play*. It's not obvious to me how to write such a condition statement, or if it's possible at all.