Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Improve Monk Combat
05-02-2014, 07:54 PM
Improve Monk Combat
Hey, I posted this in the Monk build thread, but thought I would move it here for better visibility:

I'd love to see an update to Monk that lets us spam Mantra of Healing Activation, it would certainly help my bot take on harder Torment levels where it dies due to Potion and Heal being on Cooldown.

Also my bot seems to sell the potions anytime it gets a chance, I don't see an option to prevent selling of the potions.

"Spam" might be too loose of a request, just keep it active when health is going down, don't worry if there is enough spirit or not, since most bot builds have spirit regen skills (or chant of resonance that cuts cost of activation by half, can almost always activate it when needed).

Also, my bot never uses Serenity, so that compounds the issue of survival in higher difficulty.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2014, 03:00 AM
RE: Improve Monk Combat
If you can choose "Pick all potions", it won't sell your potions.

What is your suggested criteria for casting "Healing Activation", is it the bot should use this when the health is below a certain %?

It should use serenity, let us investigate why it doesn't.
05-05-2014, 04:33 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2014 04:44 PM by jsmith.)
RE: Improve Monk Combat
Thanks for your response Titanium.

I'll make sure to mark the "pick all potions" option.

My suggested criteria would be to cast healing activation when below 50%, if at all possible, also to use the same logic as Sweeping Wind recast, so recast it before it runs out (or immediately after since some hits will deplete the bubble instantly).

PS: I must have been mistaken about Serenity or some isolated bug in my settings, I moved the %life slider around a bit and it seems to work perfectly now.