Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
new user | some questions to bannings and avoiding them
05-12-2014, 04:29 PM
RE: new user | some questions to bannings and avoiding them
a) As far as I know, WARDEN, the blizz "bot detector" (its anti cheating, but primarily detects botting) is the same across all regions. According to some recent reddit post, blizz has done some recent bans, but it is not 100% confirmed yet. Bans are for life, once your account is banned for any reason, Blizz will evaluate the ban, if its for things like botting, this is permanent. Unsure about detection, but my instinct would be first detection gets you banned, no chance to stop or get off with a "warning".

b) Just the game that you got banned from. You would still be able to play other games, and from what I understand, you can repurchase the same game you got banned from on the same account and play it again.

c) Don't use speedhack. WARDEN scans your active processes and monitors activity on your character. Best practice is to rename your bot from the default name, and don't use speedhack.

d) It's not necessary, you can make your own Users.xml file and leave the password option blank, when you "Start" your bot, keep the game window "unoptimized and show". The bot will attempt to login, fail, and then you login manually. IMO, there's no reason for this, I trust the devs of this bot, but also, there is no benefit from stealing someone's account anymore.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: new user | some questions to bannings and avoiding them - jsmith - 05-12-2014 04:29 PM