Bot Exploit

Full Version: Attack Range vs. Ability Range
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Titanium,

I'm noticing something with .303 that I hadn't noticed with previous builds. Characters are spamming abilities at mobs that are out of range of those abilities. It is not as noticeable with melee classes, but horrible on, for example, Witch Doctor. He will empty his mana pool spamming zombie bears, before he's actually in that abilities range.

Is the bot designed to be aware the range of each classes abilities, or is it just "attack when in range of XX" based on the range set in bot settings?

Witch Doctor, with the recommended build is horribly inefficient, because he'll start spamming abilities at the set range, even if there's a wall/corner in the way.

I was under the impression the slider setting for attack range was more of an "awareness" range for the bot, not when to start casting abilities. If I'm under the right impression, then it looks like all ranged classes need a little tweaking.

I don't know if Blizzard changed something with the last update, or if you guys might have altered something in the .303 update, but ability range is definitely an issue. It's not ABSOLUTELY a game breaker, but it does kill efficiency, and creates more hazards for death (and losing that desired XP pool bonus you have built up).

Maybe you can clarify for me?

P.S. If there's anything I can do to help (if it is indeed an unintended issue), please let me know.
We're thinking of adding a configuration for abilities range.
I have a question, are you not using speed hack?
(06-22-2014 01:34 AM)Titanium Wrote: [ -> ]We're thinking of adding a configuration for abilities range.
I have a question, are you not using speed hack?

I do not use speed hack, no.
You can try the latest version 0.9.304. We have add the option of "Use skill range" which could be the "Ability range" for you.
(06-23-2014 08:36 AM)Titanium Wrote: [ -> ]You can try the latest version 0.9.304. We have add the option of "Use skill range" which could be the "Ability range" for you.

Definitely makes a difference! Now, just to figure out the distance that the game refers to as a, "yard" of measurement. Wink
Reference URL's