Bot Exploit

Full Version: losing legendaries in group games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I lost a good legendary yesterday because the leader bot left the game without going back to town, and it so happened that the follower bot dropped a legendary in town.

I can provide the actual logs but to summarize:

> on follower bot: "Pick up LEGENDARY Gauntlets of Akkhan"
> follower bot goes to town later on and presumably drops the legendary there
> this happens on the leader bot:
---
2014-06-12 17:40:45 move a bit when loot
2014-06-12 17:40:45 Will leave game suddenly, reason: ping too high 1555
2014-06-12 17:41:05 ping just before leave game = 755
2014-06-12 17:41:05 Leave Game
---

The leader bot never picked up the legendary dropped in town because it left the game without going back to town first.

Suggestion 1: a leader bot who's also set as the one supposed to pickup legendaries from other members should go back to town before quitting the game to make sure there are no dropped items there.

Suggestion 2: if the bot that's configured to pick up the loot of others is not the leader bot and it receives a signal from the leader to leave game, it should go back to town first also to check if there's a dropped legendary. Currently it just leaves the game from wherever it is saying in the log: "Will leave game suddenly, reason: party action"

Feature request: include a line in the log file when a "giver" bot drops a legendary item in town

---

By the way, I love the new .303 change of including the name of the legendary item when it gets picked up.

Keep up the awesome work guys!
Reference URL's