Bot Exploit

Full Version: BE + Laptop = Bluescreens
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i7, 16GB RAM, 1GB GPU, SSD, 10 bots.

cpu load between 10 and 30%, RAM load ~80%

In the last time my Laptop produces ugly bluescreens when i run Botexploit Sad

Mem test OK, fresh Win7 install didn't help.

any suggestions?
If you can answer a few questions that may help:
1. Did you choose to optimize all?
2. May I know what is your display card?
3. If you reduce the number instances to only 7, does it still have the bluescreen problem?
We also have i7 laptop that is running 10 bots and it is running fine.
optimize all, yes.
i can try to let it run 24hours with 7 bots

actually i try to write with the Laptop-support to get a new Laptop (6 months old....)
but i am not sure - i bet they will argue i am running at too much load or that i did something wrong Sad
But the laptop is running at normal temperatures and i didn't harm it in any way. (beside that the laptop was running nearly 24h each day, but that shouldn't destry something at lower cpu load)

So you can definitely say that it's not BE that can cause bluescreens? (of course you will....)

XMG P722 PRO Gaming Notebook 43,9cm (17.3") . 43,9cm (17.3") Full-HD
> > (1920*1080) Non-Glare . 2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M 1536MB GDDR5 | TDP:
> > 2x 75W SLI . Intel Core i7-3630QM - 2,40 - 3,40GHz 6MB 45W . 16GB
> > (2x8192) SO-DIMM DDR3 RAM 1600MHz CORSAIR Vengeance . 256GB SATA-III
> > SSD Crucial RealSSD M4 (CT256M4SSD2)
I understand that the bluescreen problem is quite troublesome and difficult to solve.
I would say as a bot software BotExploit doesn't touch anything on the hardware side. And in my experience bluescreen is always related to the hardware issues. I think you could also use this point to argue with the shop for replacement.
To be fair there BotExploit together with Diablo client would increase the CPU and GPU load which would increase the chances of existing hardware issues to occur. But the root cause should be the existing hardware issues. For example, previously one of our computer has bluescreen problem because at that time we didn't have the optimization function and we overclocked the CPU to run more instances. We reverted the overclocking and the issues doesn't come up anymore.
it seems with 7 or 8 bots (instead of 10) there is no bluescreen anymore.
so there is some bottleneck or troublemaker... maybe the GTX 670M with 1536MB?

how much GPU memory is used per Bot with optimized settings?

I remember some error messages with "graphics resetted" or such (before the bluescreens happened)
As windows and other applications will take up some memory of the GPU. I would suggest you to download a software to monitor the memory usage of GPU.
http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/
This one is called GPU-Z. If you install it, run it and click the Sensors tab, it'll show the GPU Load and also the memory used by the GPU.
Reference URL's