Bot Exploit

Full Version: Option for DH to not stand in melee range?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, is there an option at all for DH to not stand in melee range? I am trying to run Grifts with my M6 DH and it will literally always stand there and try to facetank elite packs which kills it 99% of the time.

So is there an option for it to stay back a bit out of melee range?

If not, is there a possibility of trying to add one?

Thanks!
(09-18-2014 12:19 AM)Inkoosikas Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, is there an option at all for DH to not stand in melee range? I am trying to run Grifts with my M6 DH and it will literally always stand there and try to facetank elite packs which kills it 99% of the time.

So is there an option for it to stay back a bit out of melee range?

If not, is there a possibility of trying to add one?

Thanks!

+1
would be nice for all chars!
a combat casting range option
I swear sometimes you guys don't even bother looking in the settings.

CUSTOM RANGE, Top right of general, set it to custom and then set it to like 30+ yards. Don't go too insane otherwise the bot will try to shoot through walls.
I can have the custom range set at 60 and the bot will still faceplant elites etc so +1 (and yeah it will get stuck trying to shoot through walls indoors so no one set it that high).
The custom range is how close you need to be to use your skills not a 'keep me this far back from the packs when possible' option. We need both options to optimize playing of some classes/builds.
(09-18-2014 10:31 PM)BoxCraft Wrote: [ -> ]I can have the custom range set at 60 and the bot will still faceplant elites etc so +1 (and yeah it will get stuck trying to shoot through walls indoors so no one set it that high).
The custom range is how close you need to be to use your skills not a 'keep me this far back from the packs when possible' option. We need both options to optimize playing of some classes/builds.

I'll agree that it isn't perfect, but arguably an option like the one you mention would be pretty damn complicated to implement once you are in range.

Imagine that you open a cursed chest that spawns elites on you, you want the bot to teleport you out right? Well which direction should it teleport to? If the mob gets back in range, you would have to keep teleporting out...

So basically, you could end up teleporting into random places and pulling significantly more, or teleporting and getting stuck.

I understand that the avoid mines works this way, but it only teleports a few times and never really far, if it was enemies.. it's also possible that there isn't a place to teleport... and the bot would freak out badly...
I'll agree that it isn't perfect, but arguably an option like the one you mention would be pretty damn complicated to implement once you are in range.

Imagine that you open a cursed chest that spawns elites on you, you want the bot to teleport you out right? Well which direction should it teleport to? If the mob gets back in range, you would have to keep teleporting out...

So basically, you could end up teleporting into random places and pulling significantly more, or teleporting and getting stuck.

I understand that the avoid mines works this way, but it only teleports a few times and never really far, if it was enemies.. it's also possible that there isn't a place to teleport... and the bot would freak out badly...
[/quote]

No, mainly (for the sake of the prior discussion) I want the bot to NOT run up and faceplant an elite when playing a ranged character (The RG is content hacking away on my follower? Then please for the love of everything don't run up on it.). Walk/run/teleport away from them if possible in other situations. That's a reasonable step and that's what I mean. But, since you brought it up...
AOE avoidance and teleporting out of a bad situation would be great (and as you have said... many of the issues were worked out with the implementation of the avoid mines option). I'm sure most users of the bot (like me) would gladly deal with a few hiccups along the road to AOE avoidance and other positive changes. That's the kind of bot that I would feel good about paying for when my license expires. Big Grin
I don't know what settings you are using, but the bot does not make my demonhunter teleport into any elites faces. It does nothing however when elites teleport onto me.
I never said my DH teleports into an elite. It walks right up, bends over, and applies lubrication. If I am babysitting the bot and try to move it away it goes right back. Wtf settings are you using that you aren't having the same problems the rest of us are having? Quit trolling, man.
Yeah it is sometimes pretty annoying when demon hunters like to stand in the face of elites. But there are a few things that can be done to make life a little easier.
1. unity- makes t6 botting way safer, much fewer deaths no more getting oneshot by butcher RG
2. since I run 3 spenders with m6 I have to use a generator and the best choice for safety is evasive fire- either with the longer backflip rune or the armor increase rune, personally I prefer the longer backflip as you end up kiting the mobs into your sentries
3. use smoke screen and awareness, awareness for the inevitable mortar deaths and smoke screen to deaggro when in the center of an elite pack or a large mob
Reference URL's