Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need way to turn skills off
08-31-2014, 09:04 AM
Need way to turn skills off
We could really benefit from a way to turn skills off that we don't want the bot to cast. Many builds like DH marauder don't work with the bot because the bot will cast spenders before casting sentry.
Just a check box under combat options listed 1-6 with an option to check if the bot shouldn't cast. Would help. Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2014, 10:14 AM
RE: Need way to turn skills off
This and being able to disable combat in the profiles are the only two things that are really needed to make this bot better than the others.

Pretty annoyed that the best class and gear set in the game is utterly useless.

Please allow us to either disable specific buttons, or in the demon hunter settings, allow us to disable specific spells from being auto cast.

I've been pushing for a way to disable and enable combat through profiles for a while, because you could farm the bounties that give the insane EXP by getting to them as quickly as possible and finishing them as quickly as possible.
09-04-2014, 04:27 PM
actually.. maybe you can change you "in game buttons"

so, in the Setting Menu, "Keys" the bot should recognize that skillz !

its that how it work no? Confused

--

PD: sorry my English, im from Chile
09-04-2014, 06:50 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 06:55 PM by BoxCraft.)
No. I have tried that- the bot runs around looking constipated for a few seconds and then just starts using the skills. Try it and you will see.

Even when I have gone into the Diablo 3 in game key bindings and removed them so that there is no key I could possibly press to use a skill, the bot still uses them. I think if the bot can't use whatever you have set as the key for the skill it will default to sending whatever the command is (I dont know, but something like <UseSkill1>). Elegant coding but does us no good.
09-04-2014, 07:04 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 07:07 PM by Villa.)
dont know what skill do you want to "not" use... but they put an "min Hatred to use MultiShot" ...

if you put that value to 200... the bot will never cast multishot no ? (unless you have more than 200 Confused or is backwards ?..set to 0)

try to look the code and put the skill you want,... or simply request the same for others skills...

GL

--

PD: sorry my English, im from Chile
09-04-2014, 08:08 PM
I want the bot to 'not' use Multishot, Cluster Arrow, and Impale. This way the bot only casts my non-hatred skills and Sentry (the sentries then cast the 3 big hatred spenders). However, it would be nice for Demon Hunters using other skills to be able to just turn off (for example) skills 1, 2, and 4 or whatever they need to make the sentry build work.
In the same manner, some of the other major class builds would benefit from being able to turn off skills if needed. So it is an easy change to implement that would make the bot MUCH more versatile and useable at higher torment levels.

I have the 'min hatred to use multishot' set to 1000 (which seems to be the max) so that the bot will never cast multishot (only the sentries will cast it). I'm pleased to see the changes, but more are needed and would not be difficult to add. While allowing customization based on hatred levels is more elegant than what I'm suggesting, just being able to turn them off would be a huge step in the right direction for the development of the bot.

Thanks for your replies. I hope I have been clear in my explanation.
09-05-2014, 09:54 AM
Finally got my bombadiers rucksack, this is needed more than ever lol.
09-05-2014, 10:48 AM
would also love this feature. help us out Titanium.