Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to make your M6 DH actually do something.
10-05-2014, 02:57 PM
How to make your M6 DH actually do something.

set all of the....

"don't use XXXX when hatred is below" - to well ABOVE your in game hatred - this forces the bot to never cast those skills.

if you have 125 hatred, set the bot to 500 hatred... it will never cast those skills again, and just go to the next available castable skill - in this case - the sentries.

when the sentry is down, its still going to cast whatever is available - its never just going to sit there doing nothing, so theres a way to make this VERY viable, with a different set up.

you want to swap to a lightning spec - with meticulous bolts - helltrapper or kridershot - and 1 single spender - triple spender specs just make the bot worse.
lightning spec is the best for this.

heres a video showing you how to spec for lightning properly and just how powerful the spec actually is.

personally I like using the Kridershot, since the bot is still gonna cast something between each sentry I found the kridershot gave me a unlimited supply of hatred and just helped the sentries even more.
the hell trapper is the default weapon for the lightning spec, but I find the bot spams elemental arrow so much, that about 1/5th of the time, you will simply run out of hatred - a issue the kridershot will never have - but the hell trapper gives you the option of having 5 sentries out, because it bypasses your "spec limit" and adds 2 of its own sentries.
so you get 2 sentries by default, 1 extra from the passive - and 2 extra possible from the hell trapper - this will make up for the loss of the bombadiers rucksack - and honestly, the meticulous bolts quiver is far easier to get, then a bombadiers.
either weapon will do nicely.

heres my bot farming spec -

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/de...UcY!aabbYZ

the bot has some obvious weaknesses - but that doesn't mean you cant work around them - this isn't a general spec - its a spec that works good for the bot.

sentry + polar station gives you some CC and makes cull of the weak do its thing.
night stalker + smoke screen - healing vapors, this gives you a unlimited and quick refilling supply of discipline to keep the bot alive and push you into T6 and GR30 botting (bot still dies sometimes, but not so much that its wasting your time)
rain of vengeance is just a very nice spot filler for the bot since its up ever few seconds.

how the bot acts with this spec and gear is, it casts sentries, then spams elemental arrow - then sentry the instant its castable, and then often casts rain of vengences, and if you set the threshold for smoke screen very high (I set mine to 95) then it basically will spam that too - and since you have a unlimited supply of incoming discipline from night stalker, your bots survivability sky rockets.

get a unity set up, and your good for T6.

this wont work well with a fire or cold spec, cause it has the same old problem as always, spams every but sentries and you run out of resources.

lightning spec + single spender solves this completely - but you do need to set the thresholds well above the bots settings, to basically force the bot to never cast anything else but sentries and a few other skills.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2014, 06:56 PM
RE: How to make your M6 DH actually do something.
Thanks for this, could you post a pic of your combat settings? This will help on seeing which skills to set high and which ones not to. Thanks.
02-25-2015, 09:10 PM
RE: How to make your M6 DH actually do something.
I use a fire spec with a few of your tweaks.. works out fine.. im doin Fire CA. clears rifts in like 3 mins.